Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Trial (Pt 2)

So, I took the recruits out for a little walk today, and they sure made a showing out there. We ran into a few others, a group of Van Saar, and a few Delaque, but the shocking part is that those darn Enforcers were about as well. We saw a few shinies in the dome so I decided i wanted them, and what better way than to clear out the other gangs first. I handed out assignments to the noobs, hoping the might run distraction for me as I got the loot.

I sent Dimitri out with the sole goal of exiting the dome near one of the other gangs entries. He got himself a little pinned down at first, but managed to drop one of those filthy Trenchcoats and break free, escaping the dome through their entry point. 

Yuri acted like a madman after i told him to send some filth out of the fight. He charged around the corner of the building we were using for cover, putting himself wide out in the open. Leveling his autogun at one of the Delaque, he fired a single shot and sent the bastard tumbling to the ground to bleed out. He seemed even madder as his rifle jamed and he threw it to the ground, charging forward to engage their leader. After they bottled from the fight, Yuri covered Dimitri's movements, guiding him from the dome in safety.

I felt sorry for Mikhail, but he needed the most incentive. I gave him the task of dropping two of the enemies, not really caring if he only left a flesh wound or sent them to their graves. I saw early on that he was going to have difficulties. Slipping from the vents he used to enter the dome, he was blasted by a Delaque who was staring straight at him and wielding a shotgun. I had a laugh after this as the Delaque's shotgun exploded. leaving him lying at the ground, unconscious. Mikhail made a courageous showing from here, but it was clear that the multiple wounds caused by that blast had left him worse for wear. From the blood coating his jacket and arms, I knew he was injured, but he still took a few shots at the Delaque leader until they turned tail and ran away. As soon as his line was clear, he ran for a shiny on an armored bridge ahead. Reaching the shiny, he saw an Enforcer, covering his squad mate and trading fire with me. It was ballsy, but he lined up for a shot an pulled a few off, peppering that trooper with rounds, but not scoring any true damage.

Ivan, Mikhail and I continued trading fire with the two enforcers, but across the way I could see that the Van Saar was having more success with them.We fired a few more times and Ivan's weapon failed. I told him to get off the field while we watched the Enforcers retreat. Running at the Van Saar, Mikhail and I were going to bring them to their knees. They quickly moved into position to receive our assault and I led the charge, clashing with their leader in an awesome display. We traded blows, but I was able to slide my chainsword through an opening and caught him off guard, sending him down. His followers grabbed him and fled. Looking across the field, we saw a Trenchcoat lying on the ground where he had fallen... and on inspection, we found we had a prisoner to take to the slavers.

While Mikhail didn't succeed in the goals I gave him, he showed great courage, and for that I'll keep him on. Dimitri and Yuri have earned my respect, but don't tell them. I'd hate to have to kill them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment